Over the past decade, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors have captured the attention of trillions of dollars of capital, engaged thousands of consultants, and become a top strategic concern in the C-suite and board rooms. However, over the past 18 months, a countermovement has challenged the efforts to value ESG factors and incorporate them into strategic initiatives, claiming that such efforts are “woke” and antithetical to free markets. This countermovement has culminated in seven separate Congressional hearings in Washington, DC in July 2023, challenging various aspects of ESG integration. Yet, at the same time, EU ESG disclosure regulation continues to expand and investor and corporate interest in ESG factors remains strong.
In this LinkedIn Live Session, three leaders in ESG integration – across financial services, consulting, and corporate – will join Wharton professors to discuss their perspectives on the current battle of ideas, dollars, and action. Join us to learn the latest actionable insights from the front lines of accountable capitalism.
– Viviana Alvarez, Former Head of Sustainability and Corporate Strategy, Unilever North America
– Monica Dimitracopoulos, EY Americas Corporate Sustainability Leader, Partner
– Jennifer Grancio, CEO, Engine No. 1
– Arthur van Benthem, Faculty Co-Director, Wharton Climate Center; Associate Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy
– Witold (Vit) Henisz, Vice Dean and Faculty Director, ESG Initiative at the Wharton School; Vice Dean and Faculty Director, ESG Initiative; Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management
This event is presented in partnership between the ESG Initiative at the Wharton School and Wharton Executive Education.
For information on Wharton’s ESG Programs for Executives, visit WhartonExecESG.com.